SAP Certification Process
What is SAP Certification?
SAP Certification measures your ability on a particular subject. It shows that you have practical as well as theocratical knowledge of the subject. It will help you to build your career by providing best opportunities in the market.
SAP Certification enables continuous learning, keeps your skills up-to-date, and current with new cloud product releases, while assuring and validating the highest standards of SAP solution expertise across your organization.
SAP certification exams are of usually 90 mins or 180 mins durations. Passing marks usually ranges from 55% to 75%.
Why should you do SAP Certification?
- Extra edge over others - There are may SAP consultants in the market who are looking for job. If you do SAP certification then it will separate you from crowd and provide you an extra edge in pandemic times.
- Excellence - SAP Certification badge shows accreditation of excellence.
- Practical with Theocratical knowledge - When you learn any new SAP technology then you learn practical knowledge of the subject at first without giving much priority to detailed theocratical knowledge. SAP certification forces you to read standard SAP Learning hub books which completes your subject knowledge.
- High satisfaction - Study conducted by Pearson VUE reported that SAP certification provides candidates benefits in terms of 61% promotions, 91% increase of confidence and 76% more job satisfaction.
- Validation of knowledge - SAP certification helps to validate your knowledge with SAP provided knowledge books.
What are the types of SAP Certification?
Associate Certification – This is a beginner level certification. It measures the fundamental knowledge of subject of candidates.
Specialist Certification – This is an intermediate level certification. It is offered in addition to an Associate certification. This certification level focuses on a specific role or integration component.
Professional certification – This is an advanced certification for candidates which have proven project experience, business process knowledge, and a more detailed understanding of SAP solutions.
For which subjects SAP Certifications are available?
SAP Certification are available for all subjects or technology of SAP. It is available for Technical as well as functional skills.
- SAP Activate Project Manager
- SAP Ariba Integration with Cloud Integration Gateway
- SAP Certified Development Associate - SAP Integration Suite
- SAP Certified Technology Associate - SAP Fiori System Administration
- SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP Analytics Cloud
- Many more…
You can check the full list of available certification here: List of Valid SAP certifications
On this page, you can press CTRL+F and enter your desired subject keyword. Once you found your relevant certification, click on View Details to see detailed info.
For example, if you click on C_ACTIVATE13 View details, you will see something like this:
On this page you can see the Total questions, Passing Marks, Duration, Certification topics and required books(see below screenshot) of exam;
What to buy
You need to create an account on training.sap.com and purchase either product CER001 or CER006.
CER001 gives 1 attempt for any particular exam.
CER006 provide 6 attempts for all exams.
How to Prepare
You need to study books referred by SAP for any particular Exam. You can get books from here:
Once you have read the books once, then you can enroll for practice tests. You need to practice these questions thoroughly so that you are well prepared.
Login to your account and book your exam. Once you clear the exam, you will have your badge available over email.